18 Jun 2021
The Panel of the Fair Work Commission has decided to increase the minimum modern award rates of pay by 2.5 per cent.
For the health care sector this increase will take effect from 1 July 2021 and impacts employees covered by industry modern awards, such as the Nurses Award 2010 and the Health Professional and Support Services Award 2020.
This change will follow through to junior employees; employees to whom training arrangements apply in modern awards, including the rates under the National Training Wage Schedule; employees with disability; and piece rates.
Award-free employees engaged on a casual basis will be entitled to a casual loading of 25 per cent from 1 July 2021.
Our Workplace Relations Team is currently updating our Pay Rates Summary for 2021-22 and will send this to you before 1 July 2021.
Stay up-to-date - become an Award Subscriber
An ever-changing system can make it difficult to ensure compliance with current legislation. By subscribing to AMA Queensland’s Award Subscription Service, you will receive time-saving updates direct to your inbox as they happen. These updates include changes made to:
- the Health Professionals and Support Services Award;
- the Nurses Award;
- the minimum rates of pay for reception, allied health and nursing staff; and
- applicable legislation and case law.
You also receive:
- monthly newsletters on common issues found within the health industry awards; and
- discounts to workplace relations training events and webinars.
Published: 18 Jun 2021