Medical Advisor (L13 - L27)
Advertising: SmartJobs, RACP, RACMA, RACGP, AMA QLD
Closing: 3 weeks
- Deliver strategic outcomes and specialist medical workforce and governance advice
- Use your expertise in medicines and scheduled substances to drive system reform
- Exciting permanent opportunity located in Brisbane CBD
- Excellent flexibility and work/life balance
Working closely with the Executive Director, Chief Medical Officer and Healthcare Regulation Branch, you will provide operational and strategic leadership and expert advice on medical workforce and governance frameworks and issues for Queensland Health.
You will lead and develop regulation for health professionals involved in the management, use and misuse of medicines and scheduled substances, including medicinal cannabis.
You will represent the Chief Health Officer on relevant committees, make administrative decisions as delegate and engage with a broad range of internal and external clinicians and health professionals to contribute to reform and improve compliance.
Remuneration will be dependent on qualifications, skills and experience.
The successful person
You will have:
- Current registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (and preferably with or pursuing management qualifications and Fellowship of an Australasian specialist medical collage)
- Experience and expertise in one or more fields of practice including: accreditation, healthcare legislation and regulation, public health, addiction medicine, and/or medico-legal matters
- Expert knowledge of medicines and scheduled substances and related regulations and legislation
- Experience in medical management and clinical leadership, and providing policy analysis, advice and recommendations
- Strong communication, consultation and negotiation skills, able to influence, persuade and engage in sensitive interactions to achieve improved practice and patient outcomes
- A passion for preventive health, with an interest in medical workforce and leadership, and education and training
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
The Prevention Division leads and sets the direction for improving the health of all Queenslanders through the prevention of disease, protection of health, and promotion of wellbeing.
Benefits of working with the Department of Health:
By joining the Department of Health you will work within a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success. You will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.
Applications will remain current for a period of up to 12 months and may be considered for other vacancies which may include an alternative employment basis (temporary; full time or part time).