8 May 2020
The 2020 Junior Doctor Conference is going online. Launching on Saturday 27 June, the conference will be run over 7 weeks, with new content being released weekly.
- Content on demand, when and where you want
- No need to worry about rosters or leave requests - watch the sessions in your own time
- 30+ sessions for $150 = $5 per session
- Save on flights, accommodation and travel time
FULL CONFERENCE COST: $150 (members); $200 (non-members)
With special thanks to our Council of Doctors in Training for their continued support, we are excited to offer a great mix of sessions including:
- Dr Richard Harris, Anaesthetist; Thai cave rescuer; 2019 Australian of the Year | Medicine as a Passport to Adventure
- Ivan Frkovic, Queensland Mental Health Commissioner | Suicide prevention and after care | Navigating and tackling this mental health crisis is imperative for the health of junior doctors
- Andrew Brown, The Health Ombudsman of Queensland | How can mandatory reporting affect you? | With so many misconceptions around where a report is needed, Ahpra and OHO will discuss the new mandatory reporting laws and guidelines
- Go rural! | Detailing the benefits and opportunities available for medical professionals working in rural and remote areas
- Doctors in Training Live Issues | Junior Doctor issues in relation to the workplace, workforce, health system and training pathway
- Improving your research | How do you make your research publications stand out?
- College sessions
- Career Pathway sessions
- Specialist sessions
- Abstract Authors
The program is continually being updated - PROGRAM HERE
Access JDC on Demand via the new AMA Member App - launching soon!
Members are encouraged to get involved in the Junior Doctor Only Forum via AMA Queensland's Doctors' Community platform. The forum provides the opportunity to discuss challenges, seek support, share ideas and experiences, ask advice, pose questions, and connect with fellow Junior Doctors.
Not a member, join AMA Queensland here
Published: 8 May 2020