We are delighted to inform you that the Medical Officers’ (Queensland Health) Certified Agreement (No. 5) 2018 (MOCA 5) was certified last Friday and is in full effect from Friday 31 May 2019.
You can read a copy of the Decision here.
A copy of MOCA 5 can be found here.
KEY DELIVERY DATES
Find the MOCA5 key implementation dates here.
Queensland Health has verbally confirmed that the aim is for Medical Officers to receive back pay on 26 June 2019. If this date changes, we will update members accordingly.
AMA Queensland, in partnership with ASMOFQ, is seeking representatives for the following review committees under MOCA 5:
- Rural and Remote Review Committee – clause 11.25
- SMO Allowance Working Party (PDA and MVA) Committee – clause 3.5
- Review of Resident Medical Officer Employment Arrangements Committee – clause 1.17
Members who are interested in any of the above review committees, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MOCA 5 WINS
Here's a summary of ASMOFQ's wins for you.
All Medical Officers
- 2.5% pay increase per annum;
- New entitlement for two 10-minute paid rest pauses in the first and second half of the day, with ability to take the two pauses together to form a 20-minute paid break; and
- New Digital Recall payments.
Resident Medical Officers
- Over 39% increase in Professional Development Allowance (from $1,575.93 to $2,200 per annum);
- Over 39% increase in Vocational Training Subsidy (from $2,626.50 to $3,670 per annum);
- 60% increase in Professional Development Leave (from 5 days to 8 days per annum);
- 100% increase in Examination Leave (from 2 days to 4 days per permissible occasion);
- New entitlement for up to 3 days' travel time for rural and remote doctors accessing PDL; and
- Accrued Professional Development Leave to be preserved for 25 months, if a Medical Officer leaves the health service.
Senior Medical Officers
- Increase in SMO Professional Development Allowance:
- $20,500 Year One
- $21,000 Year Two
- $21,500 Year Three
Medical Officers with private practice (MORPP) / Medical Superintendents with private practice (MSPP)
- MORPP AND MSPP will have their pay scales updated in line with the SMO pay scale. This will result in an approximate 11% increase upon certification with pay increases of 2.5% on top of this each year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call (07) 3872 2222.
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR FUTURE ENTITLEMENTS
Watch the short videos below on what we have achieved for you through the MOCA 5 bargaining process and what you need to know ahead of the upcoming voting process.