|Event date||23 Jul 2022 to 24 Jul 2022|
The Cairns Institute
|Who should attend||
Please note: if you register for this event but are then rostered to work at the same time as JDC Cairns we provide a full refund.
|Register online now|
AMA Queensland's Junior Doctor Conference Cairns 2022
We're looking forward to having an AMA Queensland Junior Doctors Conference this year in a new location, Cairns.
This conference has grown in reputation as a must-attend event and encourages attendees to engage and be inspired.
It is an opportunity to learn from exhibitors, keynote speakers, panels of experts and breakout sessions covering high value clinical topics, career and survival skills.
You will not want to miss this event as the end goal of the conference is to make you feel safer, and be a better doctor.
Bringing JDC to North Queensland is integral in engaging with our rural, regional and remote junior doctor and medical student members.
We can't wait to see you there!
Non Members, be one of the first twenty people to join AMA Queensland before the event and you will receive your JDC Cairns registration for FREE. Download the membership form below.
- Full Program
- Key note speakers
- Venue details
- Non-member registration instructions
Trade Exhibitors and Sponsors
Defence Force Recruiting is also a trade exhibitor for the Junior Doctors Conference in Cairns.
Day 1: Saturday 23 July
|8.30am||Welcome to Country|
|8.45am - 9am||Opening Keynote||CDT Deputy Chair Dr Rachele Quested|
|9am - 11.30am||
Breakout sessions 1 & 2 (choose 2 of the 3 sessions)
Topic 1: By Dr Louis Peachey
Topic 2: Dr Elise Witter
|11.30am - 1.30pm||
Panel Sessions - Auditorium
|1.30pm - 2.30pm||Speed dating the specialities
Unsure how to go from Junior Doctor to specialist? Come and hear from the people who have taken the pathway to training with 'Speed Dating the Specialties'. Registrars with experience in applying and progressing to their chosen field will share their journeys and tips in brief 5-10 minute sessions. When time is up, swap onto the next specialty and have all your questions answered!
|3pm - 3.45pm||
Breakout session 3 (choose 1 of the 2 sessions below)
|4pm - 4.30pm||Closing Keynote||Dr Marco Giuseppin|
|4.30pm - 4.45pm||Prizes drawn||Dr Robert Nayer|
|5pm - 5.20pm||Coach Transfer from The Cairns Institute to Crystalbrook Riley|
Cocktail Function: Saturday 23 July
- 5.30pm - 7.30pm
- Two-hour beverage package and substantial canapés, thanks to our sponsor BMW!
- Enjoy the stunning ocean views at the Crystalbrook Riley luxury hotel.
- Discover luxury BMW models on display at the function.
Day 2: Optional Sunday Social & Workshop (additional cost - $30*)
We are excited to announce the Royal Flying Doctors are opening their doors for a fun Sunday Workshop at AMA Queensland Junior Doctor Conference in Cairns so you you can get a taste of an exciting career pathway!
- 10am - 10.20am: Coach Transfer from Mantra Trilogy or Gilligan’s to RFDS
- 10.30 - 11.30am: Session 1
- 11.30am - 12pm: Brunch Break with catering
- 12pm - 1pm: Session 2 includes tour of Royal Flying Doctor Service Cairns
- 1pm: Coach transfer from RFDS to the domestic airport, SkyRail, or Cairns CBD
T&Cs: to attend this Sunday workshop you must purchase to attend the full day conference the previous day, it can not be purchased separately.
If you purchase your conference ticket the roster comes out 2 weeks before and you are working we offer a FULL refund.
* The cost of all Sunday registrations will be donated to the Royal Flying Doctors Service.
Dr Rachele Quested - Opening key note speaker
Topic: Surviving and thriving in medicine, it’s possible to be more than “just a doctor”
Dr Marco Giuseppin - Closing key note speaker
Topic: The "Steven Bradbury" Medical Career - Where curiosity (and a series of accidents) can take you
The venue will be at the beautiful, new Cairns Institute only 15 minutes from the CBD. If you’re a local, there is plenty of parking onsite and if you’re staying in Cairns, we have a complimentary chartered bus to get you to the venue.
These are the 2 locations our coach will take you from accommodation to the conference venues - free of charge. If you stay at another location you can make your way to this pick up spot to use the complimentary transfers.
Accommodation option 1: Mantra Trilogy
Conference attendees will be able to stay at Mantra Trilogy at a discounted price with the promo code AMAQ2022.
The discount will apply for any room type travelling between 21/07/2022 – 26/07/2022, when booked before 15/07/2022.
PLEASE NOTE: All rooms are subject to availability at time of booking. There will be no release backs or inventory updates leading up to check in.
To book and receive 10% off All Online Rates, visit: http://www.mghotels.com.au/
And follow the below simple steps:
- Select the Region and Property, your Travel Dates and the Number of People travelling – hit SEARCH
- Select Change Search – at the top of the page
- Input Promo Code AMAQ2022 (case sensitive) in the Promo Box – hit SEARCH again. You will see discount applied to the Rate.
- Select the room type you wish to book and hit BOOK NOW to proceed to payment screen
- Fill in all required details to confirm your booking and hit COMPLETE BOOKING
- You will receive an email confirmation once all details have been processed.
***PLEASE NOTE: promo codes are only valid for bookings made online; rooms are subject to availability & will require full prepayment. Bookings will also be subject to any minimum night stay restrictions as listed on the website. Online Terms and Conditions apply to these bookings. For full terms & conditions please visit http://www.mghotels.com.au/terms-and-conditions/
Once booking is confirmed, it can be accessed via My Bookings on the same website by logging in using the Reservation number on your confirmation and the Surname on the booking.
Budget accommodation option 2: Gilligan's
|9 Bed En-suite Mixed||$20.70||$22.50|
|8 Bed En-suite Female||$20.70||$22.50|
|6 Bed En-suite Mixed||$24.30||$26.10|
|6 Bed En-suite Female||$24.30||$26.10|
|4 Bed En-suite Mixed||$28.80||$30.60|
|4 Bed En-suite Female||$28.80||$30.60|
|4 Bed Deluxe En-suite Mixed
Includes: Towels, TV, fridge, in-room safe and tea/coffee
Includes: Towels, TV, fridge, in-room safe, tea/coffee, and private balcony
|Hotel King Balcony
Includes: Towels, TV, fridge, in-room safe and tea/coffee
All rooms at Gilligan’s Hotel & Resort are air-conditioned with private en-suite bathrooms and have small lockers.
All rooms are subject to availability
- Click "Register online now"
- Scroll to the bottom of the webpage to "Sign in to register"
- Click "Create new account"
- Fill in your details and click save
- Return to the sign in page
- Enter username (your email address) and the password you created
- Choose either "register myself" for "register someone else"
Please note any dietary requirements for catering purposes or accessibility if required.