On Monday 22 October, Queensland Health confirmed in writing that the Premier had agreed to the ASMOFQ Enhanced MOCA 5 Offer dated 31 August 2018, with the operative date and backpay from 1 July 2018.
We have achieved the following wins for doctors working in the public system:
ALL MEDICAL OFFICERS
- 2.5% pay increase per annum; and
- New entitlement for two 10-minute paid rest pauses in the first and second half of the day, with ability to take the two pauses together to form one 20-minute paid break by agreement.
RESIDENT MEDICAL OFFICERS
- Over 39% increase in Professional Development Allowance (from $1,575.93 to $2,200 per annum);
- Over 39% increase in Vocational Training Subsidy (from $2,626.50 to $3,670 per annum);
- 60% increase in Professional Development Leave (from 5 days to 8 days per annum);
- 100% increase in Examination Leave (from 2 days to 4 days per permissible occasion);
- New entitlement for up to 3 days' travel time for rural and remote doctors accessing PDL; and
- Accrued Professional Development Leave to be preserved for 25 months, if a Medical Officer leaves the health service
SENIOR MEDICAL OFFICERS
Increase in SMO Professional Development Allowance:
- $20,500 Year One
- $21,000 Year Two
- $21,500 Year Three
Drafting sessions between ASMOFQ Representatives and Queensland Health will recommence over the coming weeks with the aim of achieving a complete MOCA 5 document.
- Members vote
The complete MOCA 5 document will be sent to all Queensland Health employees covered by the MOCA 5 for a vote. The vote will only be successful, if a majority of those who vote provide support for MOCA 5.
- Certification Process
If the vote is in support of MOCA 5, the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission QIRC will then need approve the MOCA 5 document.
If the vote is NOT in support of MOCA 5, ASMOFQ will consider it options in relation to recommencing the bargaining process. Should this occur, there will be no guarantee that the operative date and backpay will be paid from 1 July 2018.
Regardless of the outcome of the MOCA 5 vote, we will continue to advocate on behalf of our members for and will get you abreast of progress with the certification process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3872 2222