As previously communicated, we have provided Queensland Health with our agreement for the MOCA 5 to progress to ballot.
Proposed time frames moving forward:
- Consultation Period: 8 - 23 April 2019 - Commenced
- Ballot/Voting Period: 24 April - 7 May 2019
- Certification process: If the valid majority vote in favour of the MOCA 5
WHAT WILL YOU BE VOTING FOR?
Here's a summary of ASMOFQ’s wins and what you will be voting for.
All Medical Officers
- 2.5% pay increase per annum; and
- New entitlement for two 10-minute paid rest pauses in the first and second half of the day, with ability to take the two pauses together to form a 20-minute paid break.
- New Digital Recall payments.
Resident Medical Officers
- Over 39% increase in Professional Development Allowance (from $1,575.93 to $2,200 per annum);
- Over 39% increase in Vocational Training Subsidy (from $2,626.50 to $3,670 per annum);
- 60% increase in Professional Development Leave (from 5 days to 8 days per annum);
- 100% increase in Examination Leave (from 2 days to 4 days per permissible occasion);
- New entitlement for up to 3 days' travel time for rural and remote doctors accessing PDL; and
- Accrued Professional Development Leave to be preserved for 25 months, if a Medical Officer leaves the health service.
Senior Medical Officers
- Increase in SMO Professional Development Allowance:
- $20,500 Year One
- $21,000 Year Two
- $21,500 Year Three
Medical Officers with private practice (MORPP) / Medical Superintendents with private practice (MSPP)
- MORPP AND MSPP will have their pay scales updated in line with the SMO pay scale. This will result in an approximate 11% increase upon certification with pay increases of 2.5% on top of this each year.
BACK PAY FOR MOCA 5
ASMOFQ raised concerns regarding the risk of members not receiving the back pay this financial year due to possible delays with the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission's approval process and potential payroll issues.
We can confirm that the matter of back pay for those covered by MOCA 5 is indeed an issue and under consideration by Queensland Health, and a brief to the Director-General has been progressed on this matter. Once an outcome is known, we will communicate it with the membership.
We will continue to keep members of progress with the Agreement during the consultation process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call (07) 3872 2222.