What is ASMOFQ?
The Australian Salaried Medical Officers' Federation Queensland, Industrial Organisation of Employees (ASMOFQ) and its state counterpart, the Queensland Branch of the Australian Salaried Medical Officers Federation (ASMOFQB) represents salaried doctors in industrial negotiations and in workplace disputes.
Broadly, ASMOFQ's objectives are:
- to promote and protect the broad interests of salaried medical practitioners;
- to provide services to its members; and
- to advocate the provision and development of quality health services.
As Queensland's doctors' union, ASMOFQ aims to protect doctor's industrial rights and ensure they are protected and enhanced.
You can indicate on your AMA Queensland membership form that you wish to also join ASMOF/ASMOFQ. As an AMA Queensland salaried medical officer member, your ASMOFQ membership is free.
With major changes occurring throughout Queensland, you can ensure our workplace rights are being represented. You will also receive regular alerts regarding major changes that impact your employment.
How can ASMOFQ membership support you?
- Clarification of your employment entitlements
- Work with you to navigate and resolve workplace conflicts and grievances
- Assistance with performance related matters
- Approach the employer to resolve issues relating your employment on an individual or collective level
- Address inconsistent application of employment entitlements across Hospital and Health Services
- Payroll queries
- Attend meetings with management as your support person or advocate
- Negotiate your industrial agreement
- Raise concerns pertaining to doctors' health and safety at work, including fatigue management
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including medical indemnity organisations
For further information visit the ASMOFQ website, call (07) 3872 2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2018, ASMOFQ negotiated the new certified agreement (MOCA 5) for doctors in the public system with Queensland Health. This agreement impacts your pay, terms and conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the MOCA 5, please email: email@example.com or call (07) 3872 2222.