Supporting Queensland's medical profession together.
MDA National and AMA Queensland share a strategic alliance to support our collective Members and our local medical profession via:
- promotion of doctors' health and wellbeing
- education, events and collaborative initiatives
- fundraising for our local medical community through the AMA Queensland Foundation and the MDA National's Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- complimentary medical indemnity for eligible post graduate doctors*
- 50% premium reduction for eligible doctors in specialist training off the total cost of MDA National's medical indemnity*.
|Category||MDAN Member (non AMAQ)||AMAQ / MDAN Member cost (post discount applied)|
|Final Year Students||Complimentary||Complimentary|
|PGY2 (Post Graduate Years 2)||Complimentary||Complimentary|
|PGY3 (Post Graduate Years 3)||Complimentary||Complimentary|
|PGY4 (Post Graduate Years 4)||$100||Complimentary|
|PGY5 (Post Graduate Years 5)||$100||Complimentary|
|DIST (Doctors in Specialist Training)||$150||$75|
Private Practice Support
If you are considering progressing into private specialist practice, you may be interested in our Support in Practice consultations. MDA National is committed to supporting you, so you can focus on building the best practice you can.
Support in Practice consultations can provide you with the following support.
- Meet one-on-one with one of our advisors who can take you through the risks of starting in private practice.
- Assistance with setting up consulting rooms, including policies and procedures, website review, staff training, management of complaints and adverse events, consent and much more.
- Our Getting Started in Private Practice cover includes an 80% discount for your first year, followed by a 60%, 40% and 20% discount each year respectively. This allows you to build up your private specialist practice whilst receiving reduced premiums.
*Premium reductions are applicable for MDA National's eligible "post graduate" and "doctor in specialist training" Members where you are also a member of AMA Queensland. These reductions cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other offer, and are subject to the terms and conditions of the Professional Indemnity Policy and underwriting approval. Premium reductions will be automatically applied to MDA National's renewal invitation for eligible Members.
Insurance Policies are underwritten by MDA National Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 56 058 271 417 AFS Licence No. 238073