HWL Ebsworth is a full service commercial law firm providing expert legal services at competitive rates. Through our combination of legal specialists and industry experience, HWL
Ebsworth is ideally placed to protect the interests of our clients while enabling them to achieve their commercial and operational objectives. HWL Ebsworth is currently ranked as the largest legal partnership in Australia according to the most recent partnership surveys published by The Australian and the Australian Financial Review.
HWL Ebsworth is very pleased to have recently welcomed the team from TressCox Lawyers to the firm. This team offers clients more than 100 years’ experience representing medical practitioners in various areas of health and aged care law. The Health and Aged Care Services Team can help guide you through the increasingly complex operational, legislative and policy framework. We can provide you informed legal advice on litigious, disciplinary and commercial issues at all levels. With considered legal advice, our team can assist you to operate a commercially viable business that complies with the health services industry’s unique and ever changing regulatory environment.
As a member of AMA Queensland, this partnership provides you with legal assistance and support, both individually, for your business and your staff. HWL Ebsworth will provide
AMA Queensland members with an initial consultation by phone or in person at no cost (up to 30 minutes).
Take advantage of this benefit with advice from highly qualified lawyers on:
- Setting up your practice, including buying a business, business structuring, contracts and advice on restraint of trade clauses
- Running your practice, including industrial relations and workplace safety, employment, service, and locum contracts and corporate governance
- Group practice issues and bringing in additional owners including partnership, shareholder and buy-sell agreements
- Selling your practice including helping to get ready for sale, workout and earn-out arrangements
- Resolution of disputes about restraints, contracts (including building contracts and shareholder agreements) and debt collection
- Regulatory issues including investigations by the Office of the Health Ombudsman (OHO), Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and Medicare Australia
- Your personal matters including buying, selling and leasing property
- Estate planning including creating and documenting strategies to transfer wealth from one generation to the next