The Doctors' Health Fund is a restricted private health fund originally created by the AMA in 1977 to serve the medical community. Now part of Avant Mutual, thousands of doctors trust Doctors' Health Fund for better cover, better extras and better value health insurance.
The Doctors' Health Fund stands alone as the fund created and ultimately owned, by doctors. With the emergence of shareholder interests at the expense of quality cover, there has never been a better time to join Doctors’ Health Fund – a trusted, preferred provider of AMA Queensland.
Why choose Doctors' Health Fund?
- Our Top Cover hospital pays medical benefits up to the AMA list of services and fees. Your doctor does not have to participate in any medical scheme for you to receive the AMA medical benefit.
- We have an extensive range of contracted private hospitals throughout Australia as a member of the Australian Health Service Association (AHSA).
- All our hospital covers include Australia wide ambulance cover for BOTH emergency and medically-necessary ambulance services.
- On our Total Extras, you receive unlimited 100% paid dental check-ups and access to our health management programs.
- We provide our members with great value extras, we have no preferred health providers, so you have freedom of choice in the provider to treat you.
- We keep our members happy, with 94% Member Satisfaction (Doctors' Health Fund Member Satisfaction Survey 2018).
- Claiming is fast and easy with our mobile claims app, our online member services to manage your cover and quick access to our expert specialists over the phone.
- Membership benefits available for your family and colleagues.
Call us today on 1800 226 126
Private health insurance products are issued by The Doctors Health Fund PTY LTD, ABN 68001417527 (Doctors' Health Fund), a member of the Avant mutual group. Cover is subject to the terms and conditions (including waiting periods, limitations and exclusions) of the individual policy.