19 May 2020
The Queensland Government has made an amendment to the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996 (HDPR) to support the Commonwealth Government's National Health (COVID-19 Supply of Pharmaceutical Benefits) Special Arrangement 2020.
- Enables a prescriber to send a digital image of a prescription to a dispenser
- Gives a temporary exemption from the requirement to send paper copies of some prescriptions to dispensers
- Recognises digital images of prescriptions sent and dispensed under the special arrangement since 26 March 2020 as complying with the HDPR.
Fact sheets here:
- For Prescribers: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0025/966202/fs-prescribers-imagebased-prescriptions.pdf
- For Pharmacists: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/966201/fs-pharmacist-imagebased-prescriptions.pdf
Further information here: https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/browse/asmade#/sl/year/2020
Published: 19 May 2020